Friday, January 24, 2014

Showcase: Magnetized Iron Warriors Land Raider

A couple of weeks back I hypothesized a potential situation, one that many of us have found ourselves within: being short $75 and feeling a lack of completion.  I also posed a solution to the problem.  It's not a new solution, but for those of you who haven't tried magnetizing your minis I offered a look at how it's done.  For those who already have, maybe you found a little inspiration for your next project.


This week I'm proud to say that the work is done on the magnetized land raider project, and now it's time to show off the painted model!


David D. has some really great fiction for his Black Legion force, and part of that is their unique relationship with the fourth legion, the Iron Warriors.  I love that David's legionnaires have teamed up with the Iron Warriors, they were the first army I ever collected and played, nearly a decade ago.


David wanted a simple paint scheme, so I opted for the classic silver and black.  While I was playing Iron Warriors, I never quite took to the danger chevrons painted on weapons.  It probably had to do with the fact that my hand wasn't steady enough to paint them!  Ha ha.  Now that my hand has steadied, I decided to freehand the iconic black and yellow bars on all the weapon housings.  You know what?  I really like how it looks.








Vents got the ol' rust-where-it-drips treatment, adding just a little more character to the overall piece.


Of course, anywhere there is an Aquila, it has been unceremoniously "X'd" out with bright red blood.  Death to the false emperor!


And that's it for this week, I hope you enjoyed dropping by and checking out the latest project that I've been working on here at the Monster Lab.  Until next week, good gaming and happy hobbying!



2 comments:

  1. I'm all for magnetizing. It's just a shame the ol chaos raider doesn't have any options :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think the creative choas within the warp would give them something a little nastier than lascannons and heavy bolters... ha ha ha. At least this way he can remove his weapons when they get destroyed, and maybe Forgeworld will put out some new kits...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...