Friday, April 11, 2014

An Infinity WIP: Haqqislam Hassassin Lasiq

I had the pleasure of painting my first Infinity model this week and playing my first game.  My first thoughts are that the gameplay is fun and the mechanics not overbearing.  Shooting is the main form of combat in the game and the strategy that goes into movement and positioning makes every aspect of your turn count.  I played with seven models and we finished our game in 30 minutes with ease.  All in all, I'd like to play more and experience what the different factions have to offer, hacking into someone's gun, and turning it off, sounds hilarious!  


The model I got was from Tommy R., who wanted to paint up this Haqqislam Hassassin Lasiq as a proxy Quarian Assassin for Mass Effect.  I wanted to do something special on this model, so in addition to non-metallic metals all around I embarked on an ambitious project to create mirror effects wherever I could...


I'm very pleased with his visor, which shows a nice desert landscape reflection.


The tiles are another beast, with some cracked and pitted, my brain began to fry trying to figure out all the different reflections.




After 8 hours of work total I'm not completely satisfied with the forward plates, so I've got a bit of tweaking left to do.  The model's due on Wednesday next week, so I have plenty of time for edits.  I'll have pics of what I come up with then!


That's it for this week and this tale of an assassin who is searching for a mirror that shows his good side!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...