Sunday, July 27, 2014

Showcase: Dark Eldar Titan

I'm coming back with a bang this month, showing off a Dark Eldar titan commissioned by Chris E.  Chris was looking for a centerpiece for his DE army and this titan is the perfect choice; it's big, flashy, and a damn cool model.

Let's take an up-close look!




A couple of years ago I assembled a titan with sonic lances, but never got around to painting it.  With that build I modeled it charging around an Eldar warp gate and knew that was exactly what I wanted to do with this one as well.


A few sheets up plasticard cut and glued together made an excellent warp gate, and with a little procreate to make two wraithbone bubbles, and foam putty to texture the base I was off to the races and ready to paint.


We decided on a dark "Incubi Darkness" base highlighting to ice blue that I really liked.  Tons of red accent tattoos and German grey ghost tattoos really rounded out the model.


The two warriors hanging on true raider-style put the piece over the top.  The handles they're clinging to were made from a tube of plastistruct cut in half and filed to fit.


My favorite warrior, I love how she's really hanging on for dear life!


A fun little Easter egg on the base is the fact that the titan landed on a rock formation in-stride and the rock is springing up, shattering under the titan's weight!


If you see this, I think you run... and then hope for best.






And that's it!  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest project!

4 comments:

  1. that is lovely, great posing and paint work, i'd probably hide rather than run, won't be able to outrun that in full stride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, very true.. and pray to the gods you hold dear.

      Delete
  2. Why did you invert the front leg though ? I've got a WK here that someone did that to in order to give it a retarded pose (not awesome like yours) and it's really bugging my mind. Why would Eldar misassemble their own titans ??? anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm unsure how the front legs are inverted and what you mean..? Doing an inverted leg bend (like a canine's rear legs or other quadruped) would make it look more like a war walker. At the end of the day its potato potatoe and a matter of preference I suppose.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...